Mar 19th, 2020
With the drastic changes in the current work environment we are pivoting a bit from hiring for today’s episode. We are discussing how to transition your staff to a “work from home” force by conquering some of the IT challenges.
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” - Stephen Hawking
I’m Rick Girard and welcome to the Hire Power Radio Show. We help Entrepreneurs and hiring managers to avoid costly hiring mistakes by identifying a specific problem and providing proven solutions to enable you to WIN the right hire. We share insights from top-performing rebel entrepreneurs, disruptors & industry experts.
Collin Mitchell is a serial entrepreneur who is passionate about technology and his mindfulness practice. His first entrepreneurial project was with his wife in their apartment living room which they bootstrapped together to 5 million dollars of revenue within 26 months. Most recently, he has been working on Monster VoIP, a nationwide unified communications provider that gives enterprise features at an SMB price. Personally, Collin is an early riser, consistent meditator, and swimming enthusiast.
Collin runs a virtual organization that is thriving! Which makes Collin a perfect expert for today’s topic.
Collin, Welcome to the Hire Power Radio Show today!
Today we are going to discuss
- Why it is important to pivot your workforce to work from home
- How to set up improve productivity and security
- Why Pivot to remote work now?
What are the basics of what is needed?
- Strong Internet Connection
- Is home internet strong enough.
- Minimum internet connection - 50 mb.
- Depends on provider
- Offering a stipend to cover the cost of upgraded
- Dual core or higher with 4 gigs of ram north
- Company provided cell
- Proper noise canceling headset
- Possible Backup internet connection - overseas
- Tracking Software- works as a time clock and checking employee productivity
- Messaging Apps for collaboration
- Active directory
- Jumpcloud - cloud based active directory
- Antivirus/malware up to date
- Online Training Software
- Well Being
- Getting dressed everyday
- Have a plan/schedule
- Taking breaks
- Short Walks
- Standing Desk
- Clear performance metrics
- These Things are all easy to implement
- They are not too expensive
- Focus on security and productivity by using tracking software and cloud AD