Apr 15th, 2021
It’s no secret that I feel that employer branding is bullshit. Mostly because it is focused on perks and selling a “utopian” environment that is not what the company really is at all.
Messaging is focused on being the greatest place to work. But we all know that if you are a small to mid sized business, you are at best, a “hot mess”.
Clarity in who you REALLY are as an organization is the one thing that will propel your business forward and attract the strongest people to your company.
Eric has been helping companies across both B2B and B2C segments create brand strategies, campaign development, strategic design, content creation, and digital marketing strategies with a goal of outperforming the competition.
Eric and the Blue C team have been honored to work with some truly innovative and impactful brands that keep them constantly pushing and evolving their exclusive BrandPWR Platform.
Today we discuss:
- The truth about what branding is
- The elements for a true branding initiative
- EVP-a set of associations and offerings provided by an organization in return for the skills, capabilities and experiences an employee brings to the organization
- Not having your messaging down
- Retooling messaging for a covid friendly world
- The world has changed in the last year
- Equally important to communicate to your customers as well has your future employees
Why is this important to the company?
- A players have seen it all before and can smell a skunk a mile away
- Laser focused messaging creates massive clarity
- Sales side, it affects revenue
- Employees- will view you as the same as…. Just getting by
- Branding is not perks, puffing your chest (ego) or the product
- Today’s employer branding focus on transactional components
- Not about “what’s in it for me”
How do we solve the problem?
A 360 degree process- brand clarity
- Pull everything apart
- Verbal Messaging
-12 point process
- Brand pillars
- Brand promise
- Brand personality
- Voice & tone
- Visual Messaging- Recognition
- Website, social media, external marketing, inbound marketing
- Transcend from written to visual
- Desire (what’s in it for you)
- Problems to be solved
- Performance metrics
- How you grow
Key Takeaways -Value:
- Strategy first - roadmap to the promise land
- Create laser focused messaging
- Massive clarity in the minds of your employees, future employees
This show is proudly sponsored by Criteria Crop: https://www.criteriacorp.com/