In 2021 38 million people left their jobs and found new ones. This accounts for 57.3% attrition for US-based companies. It seems as the trend continues as 4.3 million people quit in January of this year as well.
A lot of companies are experiencing turnover today and It makes one wonder, who is winning?
The companies that are winning today are those that focus on their people. Focusing on setting systems to enable productivity, fostering personal growth, career-pathing, and quite frankly, listening to what their people want.
Gone are the days of providing free snacks and providing a ping pong table. What people want is much deeper now and requires more effort. what are you doing that is improving their lives and professional growth? If you are unwilling to provide it, they’ll just go somewhere else.
Nicolas Vandenberghe is the co-founder and CEO of Chili Piper, a SaaS platform helping B2B companies double their inbound conversion rates. Since its founding in 2016, the SaaS platform has thrived with a 100% remote work culture.
Nicolas is a four-time serial entrepreneur, in diverse verticals from consumer software to biometrics. He builds his companies under the principles of flexibility, professional growth and communication.
Today we discuss:
- What makes people stay or jump ship
- How to make your company sticky for retention
- Great resignation
- People quit managers
Why is this important to the company?
- Internal promotions keeps people growing
- Teaching management
- Avoid hostility in communication
- Non violence communication training
- Especially applicable to managers
- Avoid conflict without avoiding disagreements
- Conflict around the disagreement- NOT GOOD
How do we solve the problem?
- High performers - no barriers
- Anywhere in the world
- No schedule requirement (exception) scheduled meetings
- Open & accepting of everyone
- Unlimited vacation schedule
- *** Professional growth- formailized
- Quality of the work focus
- Okr’s - not kpi’s- Actions to yield to projected outcome
- Avoid ultimatums, were expectations correct
- Hired 3 coaches
- Developing a piper plan
- Getting it out to eht puclic
- Abolish performance review
- Communication hostility avoidance
- Method to rethink your engagements
- Training everyone on the book
- Career pathing - Huge retention
- Link everything to help- core value
Key Takeaways that the Audience can plug into their business today! (Value):
- Professional development. Work on the foundation
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nvandenberghe/
- Company: http://www.chilipiper.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/chilipiper/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/chilipiper/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeamChiliPiper/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rick-girard-07722/
- Company: https://www.stridesearch.com/
- Podcast: https://www.hirepowerradio.com
- Authored: "Healing Career Wounds" https://amzn.to/3tGbtre
- HireOS inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Criteria Corp: https://www.criteriacorp.com/