Tom Chaparro: How To Pick The Best Search Partner For You And Your Company (a somewhat biased perspective)
Jun 7th, 2018
Picking the right recruiter partner is not easy. Today’s episode is all about the different options available and how to find a search firm who has your company’s best interest at heart. Start by establishing the following.
- Defining & understanding your company - values, culture, & plan
- Expectations of your team, company goals, needs
- How to evaluate a search firm and chose the one that best fits with your organization
Begin with the root of where we should start. As a company, who are we?
- Company’s core values
- Plan for success
Understanding your Company’s “Needs” and defining expectations:
- Needs vs. Wants - your company needs trump ego
- Speed vs. quality
- Recruiting mentality Driver vs. Order Taker
Determining the best type of search for your specific needs:
- In House
How to pick the right recruiting partner:
- Cultural & Business understanding
As EVP & GM, Tom is responsible for firm-wide management of day-to-day operations and quality control, as well as providing leadership and training to managers and staff.
Mr. Chaparro combines deep, hands-on expertise in a variety of verticals, with an uncanny business insight for the international marketplaces in which his business partners operate. With proven executive search experience, and an unmatched knowledge of the real estate development, construction and oil & gas industries