Jul 13th, 2018
A majority of the most talented people have terrible resumes. Why? Because they are busy making things happen!
Companies miss out on great people because they never make it past the resume screen. Automating the process and screening for buzzwords is just not an effective tool for finding the right people for your business. We are in the people business when we recruit. So, pick up the phone and judge based on your conversation and not the resume.
"Insanity is knowing that what you're doing is completely idiotic, but still, somehow, you just can't stop it."
- Elizabeth Wurtzel
- Positive points of resumes
- Everything wrong with a resume
- Alternate solutions to resumes - solve the resume black hole
What resumes are good for:
- Contact information
- Career History
- The “white space”
What is wrong with the resume:
- Keyword dependent -wrong keywords or no keywords
- Designed to match with wish list of skills
- Too heavily relied upon in the interview process
- People lie
Alternate options to a resume:
- Video clips
- Video talent snapshot (resume) - Why is this a good idea?
- -discrimination bias?
- - how can a 1 minute video give you an accurate picture?
- Actual assessment - conversation
- Wound, Desire, Accomplishment
Effective use of a resume and how to identify great people:
- Just a tool, not a wall
- A guide to formulate skills based questions - Transferable skills
Anita Kanti is the Executive Talent Manager of Huawei Technologises. She is a global business partner and senior manager supporting executive leadership deliverables' for leadership talent acquisition needs for the US and China marketplace.
As both a motivational life coach and strategic talent manager, Anita Kanti offers progressive solutions to help her company and clients optimize their strengths and create a pathway of success. Anita is a proven expert in talent recruitment, both in leading corporations such as Broadcom Inc., and United Healthcare, as well as building a company of her own, Anita K Solutions. Anita K has combined her expertise in talent development and leadership with her training in motivational techniques to create a unique and effective life coaching philosophy.