Emotional Intelligence is defined as the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
Over the past year, EQ has become less important to companies because of the NEED for someone to fill the seat. This is just creating more problems, as less care is invested into uncovering the fit into the organization.
We need to understand that high performers are taking their time to find the right opportunity. So this is your wake up call to SLOW down!
Now, more than ever, it is critical to cultivate our own emotional intelligence & implement intelligent hiring practices into your organization.
With over 10 years of experience as a college professor and former top executive for an education corporation, Nada understands the importance of fusing education, empowerment, and leadership together as she works with her clients and speaks to audiences worldwide.
Her company, Rise Up For You has been featured and worked with brands such as CBS, Google Next 19, and various Fortune 500 companies as well as small businesses.
Nada has been awarded 40 under 40 professionals in Orange County, California, and Women of Influence for Entrepreneurship in 2021.
She is a #1 Best Selling Author on Amazon, Leadership and Career Confidence Coach, and 2x TEDx Motivational Speaker.
Today we discuss:
- Emotional Intelligence and Why it needs to be front and center
- How to activate emotional intelligence into your hiring process
- Building technology at such a fast rate
- Learning is not catching up
- Result: Huge gap in human skills
- Most values are human skills
- Not looking as values as a benchmark to hire
- Fostering the culture of human skills in the company so you can embrace
- Social skills are creating problems for the organization
- Active values
Why is this important to the company?
- Executives who implement Emotional intelligence in hiring
- Practicing EI- when things opened up 87% of her team, others were at 12%
- Sales increase of 325%
- Feeding frenzy from the company end
- NOW is the time to SLOW down.
- Candidates are taking their time
- Easy to manage the timeline through communication
- Must progress through to conclusion
How do we solve the problem?
- Vales need to be activated around EQ
- Take each value 1 by 1 and figure out how to activate it in the culture.
- Steps to put values into action plan
- Create a value campaign
- Plan to execute the value
- Coach, train and provide development on these skills
- On going, not a 90 minute
- Enough training to be able to trainer, you no longer need a consulting company
- 6 month engagement
- Skills don't grow overnight
- Accurate company analysis
- Gauge on where the company is as far as strengths and weaknesses
- Can not make an impact unless you know the truth
- Survey to uncover where the work needs to be done
- Looking for evidence
- Making the values a language
- Decisions made by the north star
- Emotional intelligence needs to be tied directly to your values
Key Takeaways that the Audience can plug into their business today! - Value:
- Do an assessment - understand who and where your company is
- Reevaluate the values and create a strategic map around implementation Ongoing training around soft skills to build the muscles within your team
This show is proudly sponsored by Criteria Corp: https://www.criteriacorp.com/
Rick’s Book - Healing Career Wounds: