Knowing at least one attribute that is shared by everyone in the organization is critical to nail down before you start hiring. This one thing becomes the cornerstone of your corporate values which shapes the company culture, attracts the right people and fuels growth.
Ask yourself, what is the one trait that is critical to the organization? Write it down, start talking about it and encourage it to grow. Allow it to be the compass by which you will evaluate the right fit.
Gupshup is the global leader in cloud messaging and conversational experiences. He previously founded and led Elance (now Upwork, a publicly listed company), the pioneer of online freelancing and the gig economy.
Beerud has built world class organizations and hired hundreds of talented people throughout his career.
Today we discuss:
- Minimizing the difficulty in hiring the right people
- How to identify your one thing to enable you to make the right hiring decision
Challenge today in finding & hiring the strongest people?
- Putting the jigsaw puzzle together
- The right set of people
- Hyper growth
- don't rush into the hire
- Make due with what you have, be opportunistic
- Collaborative Negotiation
Why is this important to the company?
- Very jr, part time roles were able to demonstrate grit & hunger and have evolved to very senior roles in the organization
- People who get stuff done
- It starts with leadership!
- What is your most crucial attribute
- Define it
- Live it
How do we solve the problem?
Find Highly flexible people
- Goal oriented
- Sense of humor; not take themselves too seriously
- Missionaries, not mercenaries
- How they negotiate is key
Right people, right seat
- Give broad opportunities
- *collaborative negotiation is key
- Constructive conflict resolution
- Teamwork is all about negotiation
Empower them within the role
- Expand the scope of the opportunity
- Personalities aside
- Flexibility, teamwork, focus on the big picture
- Referral network
- Evaluate people for Value Alignment
- Do they live your value??
Key Takeaways -Value:
- Business requires flexibility
- Collaborative Negotiation enables flexible execution and innovation
- Flexible teams win
Beerud Sheth: LinkedIn
This show is proudly sponsored by Criteria Crop