Are you shocked that your offer was turned down? Today, We are discussing the reality of the current hiring landscape.Spoiler Alert: It is ultra competitive and it is a employee’s market! We are going to teach you ways to capitalize on the current conditions and have your offers accepted.
“You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” -Walt Disney
- The current talent landscape
- Where your company is screwing up (why you lose great hires)
- Teach you how to take advantage of the current market to land great people
What is the current landscape:
- Unemployment rate
- All time low (3.9% in US)
- OC 2.9% -Mar 2018
- Job Satisfaction
- 51% people looking -all time high
- 71% disengagement
Where companies are missing the mark:
- Not understanding the person …. Just the demographics
- Job descriptions not in alignment w/ actual role
- Engagement with candidates
- Interviewing strategy and process…. It sucks!
- Closing is a transactional process
How do we take advantage of this disparity to dramatically improve YOUR ability to hire talent:
- Change your mindset
- It’s Not about you! -You are not that special
- Flip the script
- Making a person whole in their career
- Locate the Pain (Career Wound)
- Content of Work
- Engagement of the candidate
- How You Represent your company
- 1st contact with the candidates
- -Interviewing strategy and process
- -Closing the hiring managers and candidates for mutual success
Kathy Dawson serves as Founder and CEO of Dawson & Dawson, Inc. She is the firm’s Nonprofit Liaison, and oversees the Executive & Retained Search, Temporary & Contract Staffing, and Business Development practices. She is a CSP (Certified Staffing Professional) with over 36 years of experience in the local and national market place. Prior to establishing Dawson & Dawson, Kathy served as a Regional Vice President for a National Search and Staffing firm. She managed 120 employees with revenues up to $120M while developing a forte in the search and staffing industry.
Kathy has had the pleasure of helping thousands of business owners hire the right employee at the right time. Her business approach involves a genuine understanding that every client is unique and every candidate is an individual. Her years of experience in making great connections consistently is a highly sought after skill. Her clients get to enjoy quality matchmaking at the highest level. Her hands on involvement and partnership approach makes her a sought after talent broker and business partner. What sets her apart is an innate ability to develop long-term growth oriented strategies to make lasting placements as though it is her own firm. She is a well-known speaker and trainer in the industry, traveling locally and nationally.