Lynn Taylor: Is It Possible To Transform Underperformers Into A-Players Just By Changing Seats? Spoiler Alert……Yes!
May 31st, 2018
On Average 20% of your company provides 80% of your value. Which poses the following questions that we covered on today's show:
- How many A&B players would you need to produce 100% of the productivity generated now
- If everyone in the company were A&B players what would be the capacity?
- Solutions to transform and/or hire top performers
On Average how many people at a company are A players?
- 20% produce 80% of the work…
- Startup should be flipped
Can we transform people by just moving them to a different seat? How?
- Aligning passion & growth
Why is important to shift people to a different seat rather than letting them go?
- Shows commitment to people in company and doesn't downgrade the morale of the company
If everyone in the company were A&B players what would be the capacity?
- Increase ROI by 300-400% with the same people every time. Just moved people in the right position.
- Most people are in the wrong seat
How do we transform current under performers into A players?
- Job description process: be able to show what is really needed in each role
- What needs to be accomplished and when it needs to be done
- Growth, Attitude & Passion
- Clear statement about the most important contribution will the person make and how much $ does that turn into with an A-player.
- Prioritize responsibilities & percent of time doing each tasks.
- Where are they, what do they have as tools, & the biggest task (4-5 kinds of tasks) of everyday-functioning at the task level
- Type of communication- break down (telephone, data)
- Who I am matched with these areas- deliver core value energy
- Weave CVI and detail the How
Lynn Taylor is the President and CEO of Taylor Protocols, Inc. He is a business optimization expert in the areas of human capital, C-level performance, executive coaching and organization design. Lynn is a creator of the Core Values Index (CVI), the only assessment to identify the unchanging human characteristics that dictate future job performance and align these with the responsibilities of a given role for guaranteed success.
Lynn stakes his company and his reputation around his “right person, right job” mission. He has performed more than 200 successful turnaround projects over the past 20 years.