Jun 28th, 2018
As an Entrepreneur or business leader, it is crucial in this market, to brand yourself to attract talented people! One company is developing their managers to become thought leaders and influencers. A fantastic example of how your company can increase engagement and retention. Making your company safe from guys like me!
- Your journey @ Alteryx
- Why it is important to brand yourself as a hiring manager
- How to make yourself attractive to talented people
What were the challenges you faced when you joined Alteryx?
- Lack of candidate flow, people not responding
- Low awareness
- Lack of engagement felt it was a TA problem not a business problem
- Did not know what to do with people when they had them in for the interview
- Managers not involved in the hiring process, not engaged, not sharing, not networking- not taking an active role in hiring & attracting
- Candidate flow- posted jobs to get recognition
- Ownership of glass door
- Updated LinkedIn recruiter page, moved careers on the website to show the importance of careers
- Open houses- the Wrong time of day. First one bombed. Changed to a networking event for developers- Huge success- resulted in 6 hires.
Leadership alignment. Making yourself attractive to the talented people you NEED to hire!
- Start by listening! Demonstrate high EQ
- Helped to understand through education & enablement that TA is a joint effort.
- Marketing yourself
- Leveraging networks, networking as a tool for talent attraction & career development
- Communicate: Linkedin & employee referrals- let everyone know
- Develop a Thought leader mentality- sharing content, pictures of the team in a team meeting, sharing ideas, etc.
- Personal Brand- thinking broadly about the needs of the company, not just their roles.
- Own your career development, 20 minutes a week to share interesting content, pictures, write new content.
- Elevate those around you to achieve more!
- Partnership with other thought leaders- both parties are interviewing each other. Successful managers connect people.
- Tight interview plan, no overlapping questions, interview team prepped, own and respect the process.
- Structured, Timed & Impressive
Meredith Fish is the Global Director of Talent Management for Alteryx, Inc (NYSE: AYX). With over 15 years of Human Resources experience, Meredith has worked in a variety of industries and organizations including retail, finance, real estate, and information technology companies. She has the proven ability to build strong relationships and obtain organizational results. Meredith is an approachable and effective leader who motivates employees to maximize productivity. Her areas of expertise are Talent Acquisition, learning, and development and employee relations.