I sent out 63 inmails through linkedin a few weeks back and received only 2 responses.
My mistake… I did not tailor my message to the individual. Now, 8 months ago those same messages were getting on average a 52% response rate, so what happened?
With all the noise fighting to get people's attention, It is easier than ever to get ignored. When the messaging you send seems way too common or anything at all like a templated message, you will fail.
Now, more than ever, the language you use when reaching out to prospective employees matters. And thoughtful messaging designed to align with a person's personality style is the most effective way to win-win a response!
Crystal is the app that tells you anyone’s personality. Using Artificial Intelligence, Crystal accurately identifies a person’s motivations, communication style, and other behavioral traits.
Greg and his company have been featured in Inc, Fortune, CNN, Fast Company, MIT Technology Review, Wired, and the Guardian. He is the co-author of a book published by Wiley in 2019, Predicting Personality: Using AI to understand people and win more business. He was recognized by Forbes as 30 Under 30 in enterprise technology.
Today we discuss:
- Why people are NOT responding to your outreach
- How to get people to pay attention to you when you reach out to them
- Tough to get people top of the funnel
- Cold writing, how to get someone to respond.
- Information overload
- Email not personalized
- Does Not speak to who they are
- Does Not communicate how they like to communicate
- Passive- no incentive to take action if the email feels like a templated email.
- Cold emails are really easy to disregard right now
- The same role needs to be marketed differently for different people
Why is this important to the company?
- More important now due to the tightness of the labor market
- Difficult to get people into the top of the funnel
- Messaging from 6 months ago is really not working right now
- Way too much noise
- “What’s the opportunity?”
How do we solve the problem?
- Learn DISC
- Dominance, Influence, Compliance, Steadiness
- Free reading online
- Integrating disc within your culture
- Theory , knowledge & practice
- Behavior & characteristics that are most important for a role
- Know the Disc type of person you reaching out to
- Expectations for the role
- What the candidate's DISC profile is.
- Personality fit percentage
- Not supposed to be a disqualifier
- Adjust your communication style
- Communicate how the other person WANTS to be communicated with
- Hit someone with the PAIN first
Key Takeaways that the Audience can plug into their business today! - Value:
- Use personality insights to break through the noise when emailing candidates cold
- Adjust how you pitch a role based on the candidate’s personality
- Consider integrating DISC into how your organization thinks about communication in hiring, team building and selling
Authored: "Healing Career Wounds" https://amzn.to/3tGbtre
HireOS inquiry: email@example.com
Criteria Corp: https://www.criteriacorp.com/