#1 Hiring Podcast Designed Specifically For Startup Founders & Entrepreneurs Tuesdays @12PM (PST), LIVE on LinkedIn, YouTube, & Facebook Our mission is to enable values-driven startups to win-win the strongest hires by sharing insights from top-performing entrepreneurs, game-changers, & industry thought leaders. www.hirepowerradio.com www.rickgirard.com
Thursday Sep 29, 2022
Thursday Sep 29, 2022
Thursday Sep 29, 2022
Do you ever wonder why only a small percentage of people respond to your recruiting emails?
The answer is that there is nothing in it for them.
Especially if the person you are trying to recruit is already working.
Let’s be honest, selling people on what we NEED only attracts people who are actively looking, and 99% of messages all sound the same!
Here's why we are great…
What we need…
What we offer…
Skills you must have…
Ending with the hurdles you have to leap, to talk to us
To gain higher response rates, and attract the people you need to respond, we must first change our positioning. Starting with answering the question, “what’s in it for them” above and beyond just a paycheck.
Dustin Riechmann, owner of Simple Success Coaching, is a strategic marketing coach who helps mission-driven entrepreneurs rapidly increase profits and massively grow their network using a Partnership Marketing System.
TODAY WE DISCUSS:
- Recruiting messaging
- How to write a solid cold email
- Low response rates to outreach
- Viewed as a spammer
- Ineffective or confusing communication
Why is this important to the company?
- Effects reputation
- Need communication to grow
- Every missed communication opportunity costs money
- Lost opportunity
- No value, no response
How do we solve the problem?
- Perfect Pitch Email
- This template has proven to be highly effective at getting positive replies from potential partners in a single cold-pitch email. It consists of 5 key components:
- Direct email address
- Hunter.io, Chatterworks, Swordfish
- Social media profiles, Google search
- Bypass gatekeepers
- Avoid filters
- Curious subject line
- Something Personal (reference an episode number for a podcast)
- Job is to get someone to open the email
- From field matters
- Sample: dog poop
- Relational Anchors (beginning)
- Not a random weirdo from the internet
- Find the point(s) you have in common
- Demonstrate you’re familiar with their work/interests/passions
- Flatter them!
- Clear Win for the Person You’re Pitching (middle)
- Demonstrate how you will add value to them
- Compelling bullet point summary
- Eyes may go here first so make it super interesting
- Clear Ask (end)
- Call-to-action that’s an easy yes
- “Are you interested?”
- Simple signature with a single link to your site
- Craft messaging toward the people that won't normally respond
- Target the top 10%
- Subject Line
- Real quick or How’s my Telepathy?
- Thought-provoking, laugh or cry
- I know you have been eagerly anticipating my email but just received your telepathic message so I apologize for taking so long to get back to you ;-).
- Acknowledge the Pain (Pain)
- Reason to not ignore
- “I understand you are pretty good at your job but your talents in XXXX (personalize) may be a bit underappreciated (or underutilized, under-challenged, or over-managed) in your current role. Obviously, I am not sure about your situation but I wanted to find out if you are open to hearing about a situation that could provide more impact on you both personally & professionally.”
- Call to Action (Benefit loaded)
- I'm here to listen….
- “The signals I received from you were strong and I get your urgency. We should talk as I may be able to help alleviate your pain!
- Let me know your availability for a quick phone conversation this afternoon. If the timing is off, please respond “Not Interested” so that I do not fill up your Inbox with additional messages. (- for LinkedIn) I look forward to your response.”
Key Takeaways that the Audience can plug into their business today! (Value):
- How to craft compelling emails that get an 80% response rate when sent to “cold” prospects, recruits or partners.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dustinriechmann/
- Company: https://simplesuccesscoaching.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rick-girard-07722/
- Company: https://www.stridesearch.com/
- Podcast: https://www.hirepowerradio.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeEJm9RoCfu8y7AJpaxkxqQ
- Authored: "Healing Career Wounds" https://amzn.to/3tGbtre
- HireOS inquiries: email@example.com