May 27th, 2021
With everyone struggling to hire, companies are looking for a competitive edge in being able to attract talented people. But the answer is not compensation & benefits. Contrary to what most people are preaching right now.
What draws people to your company is NOT the transaction. It is the substance behind what is in it for me!
Today we are discussing how your book can have a surprising effect in drawing talented people to your company by simply allowing people to understand who you are.
Alicia has helped over 2000 people become bestselling authors through her Bestseller in a Weekend® course and professional ghostwriting author services and coaching company.
Additionally, as a leadership trainer, executive coach and certified peacemaker/mediator who has worked with clients including CBS, Gap, GEICO, and Capital One, Alicia uses the foundation of healthy conversations and storytelling as the bridge to overcome conflict in the workplace and beyond.
Alicia is an expert at bringing a book to life and elevating personal & professional brand!
Which makes Alicia a perfect expert for today’s topic.
Today we discuss:
- Why a book may be the competitive edge
- How to create a book to elevate your professional brand
- Can't attract the right people
- People don't want to go back to the grind
- Want flexibility in being able to work from home
- Competing from a lifestyle perspective
- Companies are competing in the same pool
- Not attracting the passive people
Why is this important to the company?
- Clear company story
- Insight into who you might be working for
- Shows company values
- Sales/recruiting channel (24x7)
People who resonate with the message of your book will be drawn to the company
- Powerful insight into who I will be working for
- How do one write a book while building a company?
- Determine what do you want to accomplish with book
- Outlining the target audience
- Their pain point and providing solution
- Positioning it for recruiting attraction
- Examples of culture and stories of the people who work for you
- Hire a Ghostwriter
- Find someone who resonates with you - someone who captures your voice, finding your voice
- Contact a service, like The Book Funnel ,or Authors Unite, where a book coach can pair you with a ghostwriter, and handles all the project management and author services
- 6-12 months
- Traditional Publishing Route
- Contact me
- Timeframe 18months
- Connect with a Book Proposal Writer (describe what is a book proposal)
- Contact Agent - they also have a list of book proposal writers
- Your book will be Shopped around
- Book Marketing - make your book a bestseller
Key Takeaways -Value:
- Write a book on workplace culture to attract the right people.
- This book becomes a playbook and operating procedure for your company.
- This also could be a requisite read for new hires/interviewees.
This show is proudly sponsored by Criteria Crop